Acton Hill Methodist Church was designed in 1907 by Gordon and Gordon architects. The exterior has a rugged appearance from the grey rubble facing stones and the square tower at the northeast corner on Woodlands Avenue. There is a large double window at the north end (nearest the Uxbridge Road) making the interior space very light and airy. There are three smaller windows in the vestibule and two main entrances, one on the right and the other under the tower. Inside there is an unsupported gallery going round three sides. Originally there were two side chapels, one no longer has that function but the other does and is partitioned from the nave by a traceried timber screen. The roof is in the style of a wooden barrel vault. All the windows have art-nouveau Gothic leaded lights and the exterior door handles are also art-nouveau in design. The stencilled reredos is also an art-nouveau feature.